Sunday, June 26, 2016

Quick update and trip to Nagoya

It's been a busy few weeks for me. Tackawanna is currently in the shop for repairs (will make a post about that later), so I've basically been here at the university. My research has been coming along well, and I've recently come across a few theses directly related to my research, which will be good for helping to finalize my research plans. Socially, I participated with the university's wind ensemble at a "day service" facility two weeks ago, and we have another concert planned for July.

Tomorrow, I will be taking a train (booooooooo!) to Nagoya, a city between Tokyo and Kyoto. The region that Nagoya is in is like Michigan; lots of major automotive companies are there. That's especially fitting, because I'm going to a conference on automotive technology. There, I can learn more about what the industry has [or hasn't] been doing to address automotive security. I'll be travelling there on Tuesday, attending the conference on Wednesday, and returning to Aizu on Thursday.

I'll try to do some posting while I'm there, so 楽しみに! In the meantime, here's some "Engrish" to hold you over. This one was from about a month ago on a dresser at the local recycle shop.


-wp

No comments: